White Plains Hospital Center
Your First Appointment
Please arrive early so that we can complete your initial paperwork. Also, please bring the following:
- Patient's insurance card
- List of current prescriptions and/or over-the-counter medication, including dose and frequency
- Information about patient's medical and surgical history
- Recent test results, x-rays, or relevant records
Ask For An Appointment
In time, we hope to provide you a direct secure link to request an appointment. Until we have fully integrated our systems with our electronic health record vendor, you can send me an email using the link below to request a time to be seen. Please give me a couple of options you might be available. Since this is not a secure link, please don’t include any personal patient information in the request that you don’t want anyone else to see.
Click to email: joyjoyelwellnp.com
Insurance and Payment Information
In-network provider with the following insurance plans:
- Aetna Health/Life Insurance Company **
- Affinity Heath Plan, Inc. **
- CIGNA Healthcare Benefits, Inc. **
- Empire Healthchoice (Blue Cross / Blue Shield) Assurance, Inc. **
- Fidelis Care New York **
- Group Health Incorporated **
- Health Net of New York, Inc. (Acquired by United Healthcare)
- Hudson Health Plan **
- Klais & Company, Inc.
- National Government Services, Inc.
- Oxford Health Plans (NY), Inc. **
- United Healthcare Insurance Company
** NOTE: If you are covered by an HMO plan, please call your HMO plan administrator prior to your visit to designate Dr. Joy Elwell as your primary healthcare provider.
Credit Cards are NOT accepted at this time.
Direct Payment: We accept cash or personal checks.
Pricing Policy: You have the right to know how much you will be charged before services are rendered. Feel free to ask Dr. Elwell about the cost of any services before or after being treated.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. It is given to all new patients, and a copy is available upon request.